Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2 Mo For Clive Owen... 'Cuz He's The Man Suckas

Clive Owen, makes me think of the hard boiled, morality; the classic noir of film. This man--along with a slew of others from the U.K.-- have infected me with the undeniable fact, that a lot of times, hell, British is better. 

Any number of films, this man has done, while not always particularly on point, they are always rich in his A-game. Please, go try and argue this with me, I'd love to fart on your face with my overpowering reason.

Now it seems the man has two more in the pipeline. 


Clive Owen and Jason Statham (The Expendibles, The Transporter Franchise) set for The Killer Elite. Written by British world explorer and adventurer, Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, The Feather Men. The novel follows a group of former British special forces members being hunted by a team of assassins led by Statham’s character, a former Navy Seal. Clive Owen will be a senior field op and part of a group that means to protect the special forces soldiers. Garry McKendrick is helming, let's hope he's worth his salt, cuz this could be real cool, and I don't know jack about him. 

The second--which is older news I plum forgot to report, ma bad tree-readas--is a horror/thriller called Intruders. Directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) report is that Owen and Daniel Brühl (Annoying Nazi sniper in Inglorious Basterds) are in the film that “revolves around an 11-year-old girl who is forced to confront childhood demons,” no casting info on the girl. Owen plays her father. The shoot is planned for June in London and Madrid, so we should hear about casting news for the girl soon. I was really taken aback by both films in the series so far of 28. Yes, the second one harped a little on the "In The House - In A Heartbeat" track from the end of the first one, but, I guess, I sorta liked it. because audiences loved that track so much, and it fit so well, with where it was first placed, Juan did it three times over and it worked too in his installment. 

Digressd, didn't I? Damnit... anyway, STOKED BRAH, over this news, more so for Intruders at the moment because I know the director is reliable. let's see what comes of this Garry fellow. 

Keepin' you posted on this.

Munki Out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment