Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alexis Bledel Is Violet In 'Violet & Daisy'

As I previously reportedViolet & Daisy is being shot by Oscar winner Geoffrey Fletcher (Precious), who also wrote the script based on his own original idea.


And it seems the cast of this awesome idea is now rounded out. Via Movieweb, Alexis Bledel is in, supposedly as Violet.


The pic "centers on a pair of teenage assassins who are lured into what is supposed to be just another quick and easy job, only to find complications as the man they're supposed to kill is not what they expected." I'm extremely glad to see James stepping back into the shoes of organized crime for the right reasons. Bruce Willis was supposed to but I guess he dropped out. Good. I like him a lot but let Gandolf take this. Carey Mulligan was also supposed to be apart of this but her schedule is jam packed. 


I'm stoked to see what this project is gonna be like with Fletcher at the helm for the first time in his career. he's a capable man with a meticulous vision for what he wants. I'm sure he won't let what could be a tale of morality and intrigue (and if the cards are played right, an Oscar contender for a whole slue of things) slip out of his hands. But when it's being pegged as this--Thelma and Louise meets Superbad and Pulp Fiction“. I don't exactly like the sound of that. I want cold-blooded film noir with sum good dark comedy elemetns to it. But I like the sound of Geoffrey Fletcher's credentials. 

Very nice. They start principle photography next week in NYC. No word on when this is set to drop. My guess is sumtime next year just in time for Oscar Season. Hopefully that's the route they wanna go with it. Gandolf singing on to a mob boss is a real nice indication the script really has something to offer. He's a smart smart guy. He wouldn't just step into those shoes again if it wasn't worth it. Fletcher himself was quoted by Variety saying,  “I wanted to make a film that was full of left turns.” Hopefully soon we get some good pics off the set, maybe a cool vid too. Keeping you tree-readin' suckas posted. 

Munki out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment