Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Preview: Predators

Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Once Upon a Time In Mexico), is the man responsible for this franchise (Predator, Predator 2) being brought back to the celluloid with some skill, precision, patience and good-old-fashioned serious film making.

Hit the jump button for more on this.
Rodriguez was commissioned to write a draft for 20th Century Fox over 15 years ago, while he was making Desperado. But they shelved the project once they realized how expensive it would have been. Assholes, I hate when my hopes are up and then shot to fuck from someone. But it's all good, 'cuz they realized how gay they acted. Which is also one of my favorite things.

In a quote from Robert he goes on to say, 
"It's the story from that script I had written way back then," Rodriguez said. "They had hired me to write a ‘Predator’ story while I was waiting to do ‘Desperado’ back in 1994. It was crazy, this thing I came up with. So then fast-forward to now and, like, six months ago, they found the script and called me up. ‘Hey, we want to redo this franchise and we found your old script. This is where we should have gone with the series! We want to move forward.' And that's what we're doing."

At first everyone thought it was gonna be him directing, but turns out, he saw Nimrod (I know I know, but let's hope he's not as stupid a director as his name would imply) and decided to go with him in the captain's chair. Nimrod is the man responsible for directing most recently Armored, starring Matt Dillon, Jean Reno, and Lawrence Fishburne actually. But what really impressed me, was that famed reviewer, New York Times writer and extra snarky asshole, A.O. Scott, gave this guy some really good remarks. Which is an accomplishment in itself, 'cuz this is one suckaboy who is never happy. So that's good enough for me. Seriously. 



The basis of the plot is as follows:
Predators follows a group of elite warrior-types who are being hunted by members of a race of merciless alien trackers called Predators. Captured and brought to an alien planet, more or less a game preserve, these nine people find themselves pitted against all obstacles in a place where survival isn't a choice it's completely necessary.

The film looks real promising, from what I've read and heard, and especially from the trailer I've embeded below. I've stayed away from a lot of the info behind this, I want a fresh, exhilarating experience at the movies myself. Surprised and poopin' ma pants. Welp, you know I wear diapers if you read this, so I'm alrighty. 

Now I'll leave you to sit back and enjoy these two minutes.  



Predators comes to kill yo asses July 9th. This Friday son! Look out behind you sucka fucka!

Munki Out.

P.S. I don't really wear diapers for issues stemming from bladder control. That was about 20 years ago I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment