Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! GODZILLA'S COMING BACK TO AMERICAN CELLULIOD?!?!?!?!

I was first introduced to this monster, and the VHS, at 3 years old, and haven't stopped loving him since. Collecting his tapes and his toys, and even pretending to be him a few times, I have a big place in my heart for the most Tyrant Lizard I know.

So it gives me great pleasure to say that Godzilla is coming back to us, and this time, he's in very good hands.

Legendary Pictures has struck a licensing deal with Toho Company, owners of the Godzilla franchise.

One of many statements were made. Mostly sucking off such a rich and terrific movie history, but one sticks out,
Burbank, CA – March 29, 2010 – Legendary Pictures announced today that they will develop and produce a new film based on Toho Company’s famed GODZILLA character.  Through the terms of the agreement, Legendary Pictures has acquired the rights to produce a movie inspired by Toho’s Godzilla, a franchise the Japanese company created and has nurtured for over fifty years.
 That might not sound like much, but read it again. Legendary Pictures, son. The studio who has a 7-year, 40-picture agreement to co-produce and co-finance with Warner Bros., starting in 2005. Legendary Pictures' first full-length feature with Warner Bros. was the comic book movie, Batman Begins and they kept it coming with 300, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, The Hangover and Where The Wild Things Are, just to name a few.

So ma hats off to this and everything that happens with it. 2012 is shaping up to not only be big for Legendary, but me as well. With the Batman sequel set to bow that summer, along with this supposedly dropping that year as well, and maybe Iron Man 3/"The Planned Avengers Movie". So, I'm stoked, pumped, excited, and watching my pants for poop in anticipation.

Munki Out.

P.S. I'm not really watching my pants for poop... Because I wear diapers!

No comments:

Post a Comment