Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Destino

I was going to try and spin a little song and dance piece about how the loveliness and whimsical spirit of someone is released and brought to life in the beauteous nature of their love of life and art and being in love with love and in love with happiness or just the ideas of said natures and wanting the break free moments of ect, ect, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, ksajdfn;laskjfh lksf ;lksfja ;lksjadf lkjdsflaj. . .

(Purses lips like a fucking horse.)

But fuck that idea. Dali' does not need my literary drivel for a lead-in.

This really is an amazing piece of art. Truly something special and nigh unlike anything else I've seen.

Roy E. Disney himself found this project by accident while working on Fantasia 2000. At the time, it literally only had 17 seconds of finished footage that was put together when the film was first hatched in 1945/46 by Salvador Dali himself and the studio artist John Hench. Now, just to be a right cock, I will not reveal which portion of the footage it is, but it is in the finished product. Assembled and refurbished, it finally made it's appearance in France back in 2003 (one of the artsiest fartsiest countries in the world, and my favorite. Fitting.)

Why this did not win Best Animated Short at the Oscar's that following ceremony is beyond me. Some Australian claymation fucking garbage took the golden knight instead. Can you see me being biased, or truly making a judgment call on which had more merit for the win?

All I can say is that I do know that we live in a world where 36 Mafia can win one before Martin Scorsese.

Now sit back and eat your heart out. This things has changed lives.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment