Thursday, February 9, 2012

Because she asked me to


A heart can guide to the stars.
In the wind, no one can hear you thoughts.
But the wind can take them with it.
I feel my skin. I feel the years.
I feel the time. I feel the history.
Run my fingers through my hair and know what it feels like.
Silk. Tender.
I see the trees and hear the noise.
The wind as it whistles through the branches and passed the leaves.
I hear my friends. Their laughter and their stories.
Where am I?
A heart can uplift to the silver lining.
I feel the water on my skin, steaming and stimulating the atmosphere.
I hear the music, through my ears, and sticking to my brain.
I listen to it's touch and it's voice.
It fills me up and gives me hope.
It gives me blood and I drink from it's wine.
My muse?
I feel the sun upon my skin and see it's rays of light.
They brake through the trees and force passed the branches.
The heat fills the morning. The dew on the grass glistens in the light.
The grass shines like platinum.
It's dark at first.
But then it's warm.
A heart can make the skin seem hotter.
But then it's wet.
But then there's rushing.
There's breath.
And there's fire.
A heart makes the world seem richer.
A woman's smile can birth another.
I look around and know the world, I know there is more.
My heart is filling.
My eyes are big.
My body is a sponge.
A heart never fails to liven the body.
I know there is more...

No comments:

Post a Comment